I’m having a great, quiet morning…The Dude left at 5:00 am to go workout and then see his mom, and I made a pot of coffee and headed down to my loom. I asked Alexia to play Elton John Radio ( which is my favorite mix of music for early In The morning….I will admit, however, if I’m really trying to get something done and need a good beat, I ask my son to put on Fallout Boy…
So after I got my music going, and had half a cup, I took a look at the block twill I was doing with a mix of colors and started weeding out the colors that I didn’t like…which left me three….not much of a mix..I’m using Jagger spun zephyr yarn, and I seem to have more burgundy kinda of shades than blues. I thought about trying a fuchsia, but I didn’t want to have to unweave if I didn’t like it, and even though I think fuchsia goes with everything, I don’t have a true fuchsia which meant I would have to dye one, which would set me back three days. So then I got out my iPad and pulled up my Weaveit program.
This is what I was weaving
And this is what I came up with
Which looks like this…and I liked it.
But I only liked it for about four inches and then I realized that I wished I hadn’t painted this warp with such long stretches of yellow. Ugh. Honestly when I was painting this warp I kinda went overboard with the yellow. This section seems more like a yellow warp with a pop of ocean blue which is totally backwards from the effect I was hoping for. So then I dug around my yarn room looking for a novelty yarn. I found this
And then I did this….I didn’t remove any of the painted warp, I just stuck 9 threads of novelty yarn wherever I thought the pattern could use it. I pressed the petals so I could see which threads to follow.
And it looks like this! Which doesn’t photograph too well, but I think it is much better. I only made the threads long enough for one yard, I’ll weave this and then see what I think.
Happy 4th of July everyone!